Resolution project still years away, says Rio boss

Original article by Paul Garvey
The Australian – Page: Online : 12-Aug-19

Rio Tinto CEO Jean-­Sebastien Jacques says an investment decision on the Resolution copper project in the US state of Arizona could be as long as five years away. Rio owns a 55 per cent stake in the project, while BHP owns the remaining 45 per cent. The proposed Resolution mine would be one of the biggest and deepest mines in the US, and could potentially supply up to 25 per cent of that country’s demand for copper.

CORPORATES
RIO TINTO LIMITED – ASX RIO, BHP GROUP LIMITED – ASX BHP

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s