Roy Morgan spot on for Same Sex Marriage Survey

Original article by Roy Morgan Research
Market Research Update – Page: Online : 16-Nov-17

The ABS has released the results of the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey, showing 61.6% of Australians support changing the law to allow same-sex couples to marry and 38.4% of Australians are opposed. The final ABS results are remarkably similar to the results of a Roy Morgan Snap SMS Survey taken in early October which showed 61.5% of Australians voting "Yes" on the survey while the remaining 38.5% of respondents were either voting "No", did not answer the SMS question or had no intention of voting. Analysing the results of the Roy Morgan Snap SMS Survey we were confident enough to headline the article: Australians are voting in favour of same sex marriage. Roy Morgan’s Industry Communications Director, Norman Morris, says the results of the Roy Morgan Snap SMS Survey a month ago shows that using the correct methodology and sampling techniques it is possible to interview a relatively small portion of Australians and receive a robust and accurate picture of how the Australian community feels about an issue.

CORPORATES
ROY MORGAN RESEARCH LIMITEDAUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF STATISTICSL1 CAPITAL PTY LTDNATIONAL PARTY OF AUSTRALIAAUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTYAUSTRALIAN GREENS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s