Over 1.5 million users of Buy-Now-Pay-Later digital payments

Original article by Roy Morgan
Market Research Update – Page: Online : 19-Mar-19

Roy Morgan’s ‘Digital Payment Solutions Currency Report’ January 2019 shows that 1.59 million Australians aged +14 used a ‘buy-now-pay-later’ digital payment method in the last 12 months. Millennials accounted for 40.6% of ‘buy-now-pay-later’ users in the year to January 2019, followed by Gen Z (35.1%). These two generations combined account for 75.7% of the market, or 1.2 million consumers. The two oldest generations (baby boomers and pre-boomers) make very little use of the new ‘buy-now-pay-later’ systems, with a combined market share of only 5.2% (83,000). The report also shows that awareness of these new payment methods is a healthy 42.9%, well ahead of the overall usage levels of 7.7%. Afterpay had 39.9% awareness and 6.9% usage over the last 12 months, well ahead of zipPay with 19.0% awareness and 1.6% usage. The data from this report is from Roy Morgan’s Single Source survey, which is based on in-depth interviews conducted face-to-face with over 50,000 consumers per annum in their homes.

CORPORATES
ROY MORGAN LIMITED, AFTERPAY TOUCH GROUP LIMITED – ASX APT, ZIPPAY

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s