Drop in NXT support gives Nick Xenophon reason to ‘flee’ to SA

Original article by Roy Morgan Research
Market Research Update – Page: Online : 30-Oct-17

The High Court of Australia sitting as the Court of Disputed Returns has judged that South Australian Senator Nick Xenophon was not improperly elected to Federal Parliament at the 2016 Federal Election. However, Xenophon has signalled that he will be returning to State politics anyway, and an in-depth analysis of recent Roy Morgan poll results can reveal why jumping back to State politics may be the smart move for the NXT Leader. Support for the Nick Xenophon Team has dropped alarmingly since the Federal Election, with nationwide support now at just 0.5%, down from a Federal Election return of 1.9% just over a year ago. In Xenophon’s home State the drop has been even more significant with NXT support in October of only 9.5%, down 11.8% from last year’s South Australian State total of 21.3%. Roy Morgan Research executive chairman Gary Morgan says that if NXT is to survive in Federal Parliament without its charismatic leader who has vowed to contest next year’s South Australian Election as the Leader of his new party SA Best, the outgoing Senator Xenophon must choose his replacement Senator wisely.

CORPORATES
ROY MORGAN RESEARCH LIMITED, NICK XENOPHON TEAM, HIGH COURT OF AUSTRALIA, COURT OF DISPUTED RETURNS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s